Flourless chocolate torte
Made with ground almonds instead of flour, this easy to make and rich torte recipe is an indulgent treat.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Grease a 25cm round springform cake tin.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave on High for 1-3 minutes, depending on your microwave, or melt over a pan of simmering water on the hob, taking care not to let any water come into contact with the chocolate. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Beat the egg yolks with 50g caster sugar until pale in colour, then pour in the chocolate mixture. Fold in the almonds and cocoa powder.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then gradually add the remaining 100g caster sugar until combined. Fold one-third of the egg white into the chocolate mixture, then gently fold in the rest until just blended.
- Spoon into the tin, spreading evenly, and bake for 30-35 minutes. Let the cake stand for 10 minutes before dusting with icing sugar.
Cook’s tip: Turn this into a decadent dessert by serving with whipped mascarpone cheese sweetened with icing sugar.