Easy strawberry layer cake
A no-cook cheesecake that is easy to make.
- Grease a 1.2 litre loaf tin with the oil, then line with cling film.
- Put the soft cheese in a bowl and beat with a hand-held whisk until smooth. Beat in the condensed milk, lemon juice and double cream. Stir through the chopped mint.
- Pour half the cream cheese mixture into the tin. Smooth the top, then add the chopped strawberries in an even layer.Top with the remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Mix the crushed digestives with the melted butter and spoon over the top of the filling, pressing down lightly. Chill in the fridge for 3 hours, or overnight.
- Carefully turn out the set cake onto a serving plate. Drizzle over the chocolate sauce and decorate with the reserved strawberries (sliced into fans if you like) and mint leaves.
Cook’s tips: If you like a firmer set dessert, dissolve ½ teaspoon powdered gelatine in the lemon juice before adding to the mixture at step 2. For best results chill overnight to allow the mixture to set well. Use a knife dipped in hot water to slice the dessert cleanly.
Make sure to check out our 9 stunning strawberry tips to take this cheesecake to the next level.